Reporting to the Outpatient Services Director, the Laboratory Technical Supervisor is responsible for the technical and scientific oversight of the general laboratory, microbiology, and point of care services. Conducts a full range of laboratory tests, from routine to complex, in blood banking, chemistry, hematology, immunology, microbiology, molecular biology, and/or urinalysis on biologic specimens to provide information necessary for the diagnosis and treatment of disease. Problem solves issues with specimens, testing, and instrumentation. Evaluates, develops, and validates diagnostic testing and instrumentation. Collaborates with the Lab Medical Director, Medical Staff, Nursing Staff, other hospital staff members, and staff from supported outreach locations on issues related to management of care, specimen collection, and customer service to ensure quality patient care delivery.
Starting pay $42.63 to $47.05 DOQ with an increase after completion of a 4-month probationary period.
- Bachelor’s degree in chemical, physical, biological, or laboratory science or medical technology
- Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS) ASCP/NCA/equivalent board certification or Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) certification with ability to obtain MLS within one year
- At least 4 years of general lab experience in high complexity testing with two years of full-time acceptable clinical laboratory experience in chemistry/immunoassay, hematology, coagulation, urinalysis, blood banking, serology, microbiology, and/or clinical microscopy within the past five years
- Familiarity with quality programs, processes, and tools
- Ability to work with individuals at all organizational levels, particularly peers, team members, supervisors, managers, and other departments
- Excellent analytical, organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Self-directed, open to new learning experiences, and demonstrate teamwork
- Ability to multitask while maintaining quality and efficiency
- Background check and drug screen required.
Excellent benefit package including medical, dental, vision with health insurance for employee and spouse, or employee and children at no cost to you. Also life & long term disability coverages, paid sick, holidays, vacation, retirement, education reimbursement program, ground and air ambulance membership, more.
Job description, complete benefits list, and Application available through the links on this page or by calling Pioneer Memorial Hospital, 541-676-9133. EEOE.