Morrow County Health District is accepting applications for the position of Controller. Position is located at MCHD Administrative Offices in Heppner, OR. Heppner is a quaint small town with wonderful schools and friendly residents in beautiful Eastern Oregon and is great for the outdoor enthusiast.
· The Controller is responsible for following established procedures and maintaining the District Accounting Systems for the control of District assets and the preparation of complete and accurate financial information records.The Controller also prepares annual budgets and supervises 2 full time Payroll and Accounts Payable staff.
· Responsible for maintaining appropriate accounting systems to provide complete, timely, and accurate financial information with the help of outside accountants and the Chief Operating Officer;
· Acts as a resource for department heads in projects needing financial analysis and reporting as well as grant preparation and required financial grant reporting; is responsible for filing of all mandated reports with the state and other government agencies. i.e. payroll taxes, Databank, American Hospital annual survey, census reports, community benefit reporting, provider tax filings, and IRS 990 Form and state forms for Willow Creek Valley Assisted Living Corp;
· Responsible for the reconciliation of all general ledger accounts on a monthly basis and providing assistance and oversight of the bank account reconciliation process and other financial-related duties.
· The Controller must have the ability to effectively build relationships with customers, executive management, and other stakeholders through positive interaction and problem identification and resolution. Must be able to prioritize responsibilities and to organize workload to ensure that timeframes are met and the work is successfully completed within deadlines.
· Starting salary range $91,500 – $103,523 DOQ with Cost of Living Adjustment July 1 and increase after 4-month probationary period.
· Working knowledge of desktop software applications (e.g., MS Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, Internet, Email). Experience with EHR systems preferred.
· Bachelor's Degree in related field required, preferably in Accounting or equivalent education/experience.
· Minimum 4 years of experience in an accounting position that has the same or similar primary duties, including staff supervision. Experience with hospital accounting preferred.
· Pre-employment background check and drug screen required.
• Excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision coverage for employee, employee and spouse or employee and children at no cost to you. Family coverage options available. Also paid sick, holidays, vacation, retirement, Life, AD&D insurance, education reimbursement program, more.
Application available thru the link on this page, at Pioneer Memorial Hospital, 541-676-9133. Contact Nicole Mahoney at 541-676-2925 for additional information. EEOE.
Job Description:Controller Job Description .pdfMCHD-Employment-Application3.pdf