Available Employment Opportunities
Registered Nurse/Charge Nurse
Pioneer Memorial Hospital in Heppner is seeking two full-time RNs. $1,000 sign-on bonus and $1,000 relocation allowance. Competitive wage, excellent work environment, and benefits package. New Oregon Grads welcome to apply. For more information contact HR Manager Patti Allstott, 541-676-2949. Applications are available thru the link on this page or by calling above number. Pre-employment background check and drug screen required. EEOE.
HELP WANTED INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST
Registered Nurse/Charge Nurse
Reports to: DNS Department: Nursing
Classification: RN – Non Union
Date: June 2016
Under the direction of the Director of Nursing, the Charge Nurse will plan, direct, and evaluate total nursing care and functions during a particular shift, in accordance with established philosophy and policy. Nursing staff are assigned the care of patients in accordance with patient’s needs, the qualifications and competence of the nurse. The RN is responsible for orientation, training and management of personnel. Relates effectively with other shifts for continuity of care; maintains satisfactory relations with other departments and nursing units, participates in all phases of education, maintenance of records, and upgrading of policies, procedures and skills. The RN will practice in accordance with the Oregon State Board of Nursing, Oregon Administrative Rules, Division 45 “Standards and Scope of Practice for Licensed Practical Nurse and Registered Nurse”. The RN must have a valid, unencumbered license in good standing with the Oregon State Board of Nursing prior to assuming the duties of a Registered Nurse.
1. Provides the best possible nursing care by planning, organizing, and directing the nursing functions of patients.
2. Initiates and implements patient’s care plans.
3. Makes nursing assignments appropriate to skill level of nursing staff.
4. Maintains acceptable standards of patient care.
5. Identifies problems and guides personnel to their solution.
6. Creates a working climate that provides growth and job satisfaction of personnel.
7. Accurately and promptly implements physicians’ orders.
8. Administers medications and intravenous solutions skillfully and correctly.
9. Maintains standards of accurate and complete recording and reporting.
10. Arranges to have needed supplies and equipment on hand.
11. Participates in the hospital safety program.
12. Participates in planning changes and improvements.
13. Supports and enforces infection-control policies and procedures.
14. Is resourceful and calm in emergencies.
Keeps DNS informed of patients needs, and problems on the nursing unit.
16. Participates in orientation and in-service training for personnel.
17. Assists in reviewing and revising policies and procedures.
18. Maintains a professional approach with confidentiality.
19. Displays concern and initiative.
20. Observes and supports hospital policy.
21. Is prompt and efficient with minimal absences.
22. Cooperates and maintains good rapport with nursing staff, medical staff, other departments and visitors.
23. Participates in the evaluation of employees under supervision.
Participates in DNS call rotation.
When not performing patient care, will assist in minor housekeeping duties by cleaning rooms [to include light mopping, vacuuming and wiping down all surfaces], setting up rooms in preparation of the next patient, emptying small garbage cans; sharps containers and biohazard containers.
When not performing patient care, will assist in central processing by stocking needed supplies to patient care areas, central supply and processing instrumentation for sterile packs.
27. When not performing patient care, will assist in medical records performing simple documentation filing and copying as needed.
28. As a member of the Morrow County Health District Team, will represent the organization’s mission, vision and values to our customer and all those we serve.
29. Uphold the organization’s True North Statement “Welcoming our patients and providing exceptional care”.
Perform work in the emergency room as needed.
Assist with patient transfers to other facilities as required.
Works in the Hospital Pharmacy and pulls medications and needed, mixes medication and updates the Pharmacy log.
Coverage for Director of Nursing Services as scheduled.
Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
1. Demonstrated supervision of others.
2. Assumes responsibility for own continued personal and professional growth.
3. Appropriate manner, conduct, and grooming.
4. Ability to work cooperatively and communicate effectively.
5. Ability to learn and adapt as necessary.
Education and Experience:
1, High School Graduate or GED.
2. Current, unencumbered Oregon State Registered Nurse’s License – in hand.
Two years of clinical practice preferred.
Current CPR certification.
5. ACLS, TEAM/TNCC, PEPP/PALS required, or ability to obtain within 90 days of hire.
1. Sitting, standing, bending, lifting and moving patients throughout day.
2. Willingness to work beyond normal working hours and in other shifts temporarily, when necessary.
3. Subject to falls, infectious diseases, substances, odors, hostile and emotionally upset patients & family members, etc. throughout the workday.
4. Exposure to blood, body fluids, infectious substances, hazardous chemicals, toxins and noise.
5. Occasional exposure to grease, oils and dust and be able to push, pull and lift occasionally over 50 pounds.
6. Requires manual dexterity including manipulating tools, equipment and items on a regular basis.
Morrow County Health District is accepting applications for a Confidential Accounting/Administrative Assistant. Associate degree in Accounting or related field and two years accounts receivable, general ledger and human resources preferred, payroll and accounts payable experience required. Strong word processing and spreadsheet software skills a must, including Quickbooks. Need strong secretarial and office skills, exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills. Starting at $39 – 47K/yr based on experience. Application and job description are available through the link on this page, at Pioneer Memorial Hospital or by contacting Patti Allstott at 541-676-2949. Closing date is September 5th, 5 p.m. MCHD is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Confidential Accounting/Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer/CEO Department: Finance/
Classification: CAAA Non-Union Admin
Date: August 10, 2017
Assist the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) in maintaining the District Accounting Systems for the control of District assets and the preparation of complete and accurate financial information records and to assist the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) in all matters, including confidential personnel issues and areas of collective bargaining. Emphasis will be in management of all financial and employee information for the Assisted Living facility, including general ledger, accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, and personnel; and management of the accounts payable for the Health District.
- Establish and follow policy and procedure for all processes and financial matters relating to the Assisted Living facility, with minimal supervision. Responsible for all accounting functions including general ledger, accounts receivable, accounts payable, biweekly payroll with quarterly and annual reporting, benefit administration, and financial report preparation. Responsible for assisting Facility Administrator with human resource and other issues as needed. Attend Assisted Living Board meetings and take minutes. Type and prepare minutes, compile agenda with Board chair, and distribute as needed.
- All processing of monthly accounts payable for the District, including but not limited to: Collecting and coding invoices and statements, related data entry, processing of approved payments, generation and mailing of computer and manual checks, generation of 1099 forms, and maintenance of the accounts payable filing system.
- Assist the CFO with monthly general ledger close and preparation of District financial reports, surveys, misc monthly reports, correspondence, spreadsheet preparation, file maintenance and archiving; audit and cost report preparation; and budget process.
- Answer and direct calls and greet visitors for administrative staff members.
- Perform accounts receivable duties, including daily cash receipt depositing.
- Maintain all elements of the Tri-County Ambulance Association membership program; including monthly billing and receipting of memberships, new enrollments in the database, and quarterly distributions.
- Assist with and cross-train for processing of bi-weekly District payroll, including but not limited to: New employee set-up, timesheet and related data entry, generation of checks and related reports, payroll related accounts payable (liabilities), generation of W-2 forms, and maintenance of payroll filing as needed.
- Participate in formulation and implementation of policy for the Finance and Administration department, especially with regard to Accounts Payable, TCAA and compliance with Assisted Living contract. Use independent and discretionary judgment in all job functions and in carrying out financial policies and providing for the control and safeguarding of District assets.
- Makes administrative recommendations for policy changes and implementation for all departments and internal controls. Involvement with management decisions and execution of decisions.
- Assists the CEO and CFO in a confidential capacity in the areas of collective bargaining policies, proposals, negotiations, and correspondence.
- Fill-in temporarily in other departments/positions as needed.
- Participate on committees as directed.
- Attend relevant meetings and trainings to perform and improve essential job functions.
Carries out special projects as assigned by the Assisted Living Facility Administrator, Human Resources Director, Chief Financial Officer or the Chief Executive Officer, and other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Prefer Accounting Degree or related field and 2 years accounts payable and receivable, general ledger bookkeeping, payroll, and general secretarial experience required.
- Knowledge, training and experience in general ledger accounting, human resources, benefits, and spreadsheets/financial report preparation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to relate effectively with supervisors, other employees, and the public.
- Ability to function under strict confidentiality in an organized & accurate manner and meet strict deadlines.
- Strong analytical capabilities.
- Ability to work without direct supervision.
- Strong computer and software skills; Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access; and Quickbooks experience.
- Need to be able to operate major office equipment; Fax, copy machine, scanner, ten-key, multiple line phone system.
- Sitting, bending, reaching intermittently throughout the day.
- Occasional exposure to blood, body fluids, infectious waste, hazardous materials, noise.
- Be able to lift frequently over 10 pounds.
- Able to perform hand, eye, and foot coordination on a constant basis.
- Be able to sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to communicate clearly and be able to read and understand written instructions.
- Ability to concentrate on detail with constant interruptions and be able to prioritize jobs.
- Able to remember day to day schedule changes and assignments.
The District Employment application requires Adobe Reader installed on your computer. You can download Adobe Reader at www.adobe.com
To fill out the application electronically, first save the application to your computer. Then open the application saved to your computer prior to filling out the form. There have been issues where applications are missing information due to the form being filled out first then saved to the computer.
Completed applications can be submitted in the following ways:
- Email –email@example.com
- Fax – (541) 676-2901 – Attn: HR
- Drop off at any Morrow County Health District location
- Mail to the attention of HR
Morrow County Health District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Information concerning the area can be found at the following websites:
Heppner Chamber of Commerce — www.Heppnerchamber.com
Morrow County — www.morrowcountyoregon.com
Morrow County School District — www.morrow.k12.or.us
Morrow County Tourism – www.morrowcountytourism.net