Available Employment Opportunities
HELP WANTED AD
Pioneer Memorial Hospital in Heppner is seeking a part-time Respiratory Therapist. Competitive wage and excellent work environment. For more information, contact HR Manager Patti Allstott, 541-676-2949. Applications are available to the right or at the hospital’s Patient Business Office, or by calling 541-676-2949. Pre-employment background check and drug screen required. Morrow County Health District is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Reports To: CEO
Department: Respiratory Therapy
Date: April 11,2016 Revised: N/A
This position provides direct patient care in all aspects of respiratory therapy. This includes diagnostic testing, patient evaluation and assessment, and administration of therapeutic respiratory therapy. Other duties involve other regular activities such as scheduling patients, patient follow-up, supply management and troubleshooting equipment. The Respiratory Therapist works under the direction of the ordering or supervising physician and reports to the CEO.
- Respiratory medication administration and education
- Physical assessment
- Arterial blood gas punctures/specimen collections
- Set-up and management of both invasive and non-invasive ventilation
- Bronchial hygiene therapy
- Pulmonary function testing
- Oxygen therapy assessment and management including overnight oximetry.
- Cardiac event monitor set-ups and daily monitoring for reports.
- Holter monitor set-ups and uploading information to be scored and interpreted
- Cardiac stress testing
- Sputum collections
Other Department-related functions:
- Effective communication with the medical team
- Thorough documentation for procedures performed.
- Assisting other departments as needed
- Participation in traumas
- Outpatient scheduling
- Patient follow-up
- Accepts assignment as needed to provide necessary care for all patients.
- Communicates suggestions and concerns to appropriate staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Must possess a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) credential
- Active state of Oregon Respiratory Care Practitioner license.
- Current Basic Life Support Provider (BLS)
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Neonatal Resuscitation Provider (NRP) – Optional
- Sitting, standing, bending, lifting and moving residents/patients throughout the shift.
- Willingness to work beyond normal working hours, and in other positions temporarily as assigned.
- Subject to falls, infectious diseases, substances, odors, hostile and emotionally upset residents/patients and family members, etc. throughout the workday.
Full Time Housekeeper
HELP WANTED AD
Morrow County Health District is seeking a full time housekeeper for Pioneer Memorial Hospital in Heppner. Previous commercial cleaning experience preferred . Candidates must have a high school diploma or equivalent. Drug and Background Check required. Starting pay range $13.12 – $14.15 per hour. For more information, contact Tina Davidson at 541-676-9133. Applications are available thru the link on this page, from the hospital Business Office, or by calling 541-676-2949. MCHD is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Full Time Housekeeper
To maintain cleanliness of all hospital buildings, clinic buildings, and hospital house/apartment located in Heppner. Follows established district policies in performance of duties.
Clean Clinic building Monday – Friday.
Clean District apartment as needed.
- Use housekeeping cart.
- Clean and disinfect toilets, sinks, tubs, and showers.
- Wash walls and ceilings.
- Mop floors.
- Clean, disinfect, and make beds.
- Clean and disinfect all room equipment and furniture.
- Dust all room areas including high shelves, TVs, pictures, rails, clocks, pipes, etc.
- Do laundry on Saturdays and may fill in at other times as necessary.
- Move furniture to clean rooms.
- Take down and hang curtains and cubical curtains.
- Mop all halls and entryways daily.
- Pickup garbage in cans, wastebaskets.
- Wash & disinfect garbage cans and wastebaskets monthly.
- Vacuum and spot clean carpets daily.
- Wash entry windows daily or as needed.
- Buff floors in rooms and downstairs as needed.
- Wax all floors including all halls, entryways and rooms as needed.
- Strip floors as needed.
- Must be able to work with and cooperate with all other housekeepers.
- Maintain confidentiality and all resident and patient rights.
- Provide a clean environment for all patients, residents, visitors, and employees.
- Follow all safety standards established by the facility and regulatory agencies.
- Document job functions by use of checklists.
- Keep all work areas clean and orderly.
- Meet and converse with patients and residents.
- Attend and participate in all departmental and facility inservices, training, etc.
- Respond to emergency situations such as fires and evacuations.
Follow direction of supervisor. Clean and restock bedding for hospital rented apartment. Clean Administrator house as needed. Performs other duties as assigned by Supervisor or Administration.
- Will work indoors, with occasional outdoor work.
- Occasional exposure to blood, body fluids, infectious waste, hazardous materials.
- Frequent exposure to noise, dust, and chemicals.
- Be able to constantly push and pull over 25 pounds and frequently over 50 pounds.
- Be able to constantly lift 10 pounds and occasionally 50 pounds.
- Be able to grasp, push, pull, carry, or otherwise manipulate tools and items on a constant basis.
- Able to perform hand, eye, and foot coordination on a constant basis.
- Be able to spend 100% of the work shift walking and standing.
- Able to frequently bend, kneel, squat, climb, and twist to perform job functions.
- Ability to communicate clearly with all patients, residents, visitors, and staff and be able to read and understand written instructions, labels of chemicals, MSDS sheets, or any other items needed to perform job function.
- Ability to concentrate on moderate detail with constant interruptions and be able to organize duties so that they are completed in the allotted time.
- Able to remember day to day schedule changes and assignments.
- Ability to work from ladders and high places.
- Able to respond in emergency conditions such as fire, evacuations, etc.
- Familiarity and ability to use broom, mop, bucket, wringer, dust mop, sponge mop, rags, housekeeping cart, vacuum, duster poles, spray bottle, chemicals, dispensers, ladders, step stool, washer, dryer, squeegee, etc.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience Preferred.
- Must be able to work with chemicals.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Must be able to perform all lifting, bending, kneeling, squatting, and twisting as outlined above.
- Must be able to work in high places.
Full-Time Health Information Management (HIM) Director
HELP WANTED AD
Morrow County Health District is recruiting for a full-time Health Information Management (HIM) Director at Pioneer Memorial Hospital in Heppner. The successful candidate will have an Associates Degree in Health Information Management – required, Bachelor degree preferred; be certified as a Registered Health Information Technician or Administrator – required; Coding certification is preferred or demonstrated experience; minimum 2 years supervisory Hospital HIM and coding experience required; strong knowledge of ICD 10, HCPCS, & CPT codes, coding regulations, Privacy & Security rules; Revenue Cycle functions knowledge preferred. Must be highly accurate, organized and able to multi-task with good knowledge of computers and electronic medical records, office equipment, be proficient with Microsoft Office Word and Excel, and have good interpersonal, oral and written communication skills. Pre-employment drug screen and background check required. Starting salary range $60,000 – $66,248 with excellent benefit package. Applications are available through the link on this page, or by contacting Patti Allstott at 541-676-2949. MCHD is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
The District Employment application requires Adobe Reader installed on your computer. You can download Adobe Reader at www.adobe.com
To fill out the application electronically, first save the application to your computer. Then open the application saved to your computer prior to filling out the form. There have been issues where applications are missing information due to the form being filled out first then saved to the computer.
Completed applications can be submitted in the following ways:
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax – (541) 676-2901 – Attn: HR
- Drop off at any Morrow County Health District location
- Mail to the attention of HR
Morrow County Health District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Information concerning the area can be found at the following websites:
Heppner Chamber of Commerce — www.Heppnerchamber.com
Morrow County — www.morrowcountyoregon.com
Morrow County School District — www.morrow.k12.or.us
Morrow County Tourism – www.morrowcountytourism.net