Available Employment Opportunities
Registered Nurse/Charge Nurse
Registered Nurse/Charge Nurse
Pioneer Memorial Hospital, a 21-bed Critical Access Hospital located in Heppner, OR is is seeking a full-time Registered Nurse. $1,000 sign on bonus, plus $1,000 relocation bonus. Excellent work environment, competitive wage and generous benefit package. New grads welcome to apply. Oregon license required. Come visit us and see our small hospital with a big heart. See complete job description on this page. For more information, contact CNO Terri Brandt-Correia at 541-676-2947. Applications are available thru the link on this page, or contact Human Resources at 541-676-2949. Pre-employment background check and drug screen required. EEOE.
Reports to: DNS Department: Nursing
Classification: RN – Non Union
Date: June 2016
Under the direction of the Director of Nursing, the Charge Nurse will plan, direct, and evaluate total nursing care and functions during a particular shift, in accordance with established philosophy and policy. Nursing staff are assigned the care of patients in accordance with patient’s needs, the qualifications and competence of the nurse. The RN is responsible for orientation, training and management of personnel. Relates effectively with other shifts for continuity of care; maintains satisfactory relations with other departments and nursing units, participates in all phases of education, maintenance of records, and upgrading of policies, procedures and skills. The RN will practice in accordance with the Oregon State Board of Nursing, Oregon Administrative Rules, Division 45 “Standards and Scope of Practice for Licensed Practical Nurse and Registered Nurse”. The RN must have a valid, unencumbered license in good standing with the Oregon State Board of Nursing prior to assuming the duties of a Registered Nurse.
1. Provides the best possible nursing care by planning, organizing, and directing the nursing functions of patients.
2. Initiates and implements patient’s care plans.
3. Makes nursing assignments appropriate to skill level of nursing staff.
4. Maintains acceptable standards of patient care.
5. Identifies problems and guides personnel to their solution.
6. Creates a working climate that provides growth and job satisfaction of personnel.
7. Accurately and promptly implements physicians’ orders.
8. Administers medications and intravenous solutions skillfully and correctly.
9. Maintains standards of accurate and complete recording and reporting.
10. Arranges to have needed supplies and equipment on hand.
11. Participates in the hospital safety program.
12. Participates in planning changes and improvements.
13. Supports and enforces infection-control policies and procedures.
14. Is resourceful and calm in emergencies.
Keeps DNS informed of patients needs, and problems on the nursing unit.
16. Participates in orientation and in-service training for personnel.
17. Assists in reviewing and revising policies and procedures.
18. Maintains a professional approach with confidentiality.
19. Displays concern and initiative.
20. Observes and supports hospital policy.
21. Is prompt and efficient with minimal absences.
22. Cooperates and maintains good rapport with nursing staff, medical staff, other departments and visitors.
23. Participates in the evaluation of employees under supervision.
Participates in DNS call rotation.
When not performing patient care, will assist in minor housekeeping duties by cleaning rooms [to include light mopping, vacuuming and wiping down all surfaces], setting up rooms in preparation of the next patient, emptying small garbage cans; sharps containers and biohazard containers.
When not performing patient care, will assist in central processing by stocking needed supplies to patient care areas, central supply and processing instrumentation for sterile packs.
27. When not performing patient care, will assist in medical records performing simple documentation filing and copying as needed.
28. As a member of the Morrow County Health District Team, will represent the organization’s mission, vision and values to our customer and all those we serve.
29. Uphold the organization’s True North Statement “Welcoming our patients and providing exceptional care”.
Perform work in the emergency room as needed.
Assist with patient transfers to other facilities as required.
Works in the Hospital Pharmacy and pulls medications and needed, mixes medication and updates the Pharmacy log.
Coverage for Director of Nursing Services as scheduled.
Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
1. Demonstrated supervision of others.
2. Assumes responsibility for own continued personal and professional growth.
3. Appropriate manner, conduct, and grooming.
4. Ability to work cooperatively and communicate effectively.
5. Ability to learn and adapt as necessary.
Education and Experience:
1, High School Graduate or GED.
2. Current, unencumbered Oregon State Registered Nurse’s License – in hand.
Two years of clinical practice preferred.
Current CPR certification.
5. ACLS, TEAM/TNCC, PEPP/PALS required, or ability to obtain within 90 days of hire.
1. Sitting, standing, bending, lifting and moving patients throughout day.
2. Willingness to work beyond normal working hours and in other shifts temporarily, when necessary.
3. Subject to falls, infectious diseases, substances, odors, hostile and emotionally upset patients & family members, etc. throughout the workday.
4. Exposure to blood, body fluids, infectious substances, hazardous chemicals, toxins and noise.
5. Occasional exposure to grease, oils and dust and be able to push, pull and lift occasionally over 50 pounds.
6. Requires manual dexterity including manipulating tools, equipment and items on a regular basis.
The District Employment application requires Adobe Reader installed on your computer. You can download Adobe Reader at www.adobe.com
To fill out the application electronically, first save the application to your computer. Then open the application saved to your computer prior to filling out the form. There have been issues where applications are missing information due to the form being filled out first then saved to the computer.
Completed applications can be submitted in the following ways:
- Email –firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax – (541) 676-2901 – Attn: HR
- Drop off at any Morrow County Health District location
- Mail to the attention of HR
Morrow County Health District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Information concerning the area can be found at the following websites:
Heppner Chamber of Commerce — www.Heppnerchamber.com
Morrow County — www.morrowcountyoregon.com
Morrow County School District — www.morrow.k12.or.us
Morrow County Tourism – www.morrowcountytourism.net