Available Employment Opportunities
HELP WANTED AD
Pioneer Memorial Hospital in Heppner is seeking a part-time Respiratory Therapist. Competitive wage and excellent work environment. For more information, contact HR Manager Patti Allstott, 541-676-2949. Applications are available to the right or at the hospital’s Patient Business Office, or by calling 541-676-2949. Pre-employment background check and drug screen required. Morrow County Health District is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Reports To: CEO
Department: Respiratory Therapy
Date: April 11,2016 Revised: N/A
This position provides direct patient care in all aspects of respiratory therapy. This includes diagnostic testing, patient evaluation and assessment, and administration of therapeutic respiratory therapy. Other duties involve other regular activities such as scheduling patients, patient follow-up, supply management and troubleshooting equipment. The Respiratory Therapist works under the direction of the ordering or supervising physician and reports to the CEO.
- Respiratory medication administration and education
- Physical assessment
- Arterial blood gas punctures/specimen collections
- Set-up and management of both invasive and non-invasive ventilation
- Bronchial hygiene therapy
- Pulmonary function testing
- Oxygen therapy assessment and management including overnight oximetry.
- Cardiac event monitor set-ups and daily monitoring for reports.
- Holter monitor set-ups and uploading information to be scored and interpreted
- Cardiac stress testing
- Sputum collections
Other Department-related functions:
- Effective communication with the medical team
- Thorough documentation for procedures performed.
- Assisting other departments as needed
- Participation in traumas
- Outpatient scheduling
- Patient follow-up
- Accepts assignment as needed to provide necessary care for all patients.
- Communicates suggestions and concerns to appropriate staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Must possess a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) credential
- Active state of Oregon Respiratory Care Practitioner license.
- Current Basic Life Support Provider (BLS)
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Neonatal Resuscitation Provider (NRP) – Optional
- Sitting, standing, bending, lifting and moving residents/patients throughout the shift.
- Willingness to work beyond normal working hours, and in other positions temporarily as assigned.
- Subject to falls, infectious diseases, substances, odors, hostile and emotionally upset residents/patients and family members, etc. throughout the workday.
Full-time Home Health & Hospice RN
Morrow County Health District has an opening for a FULL-TIME Home Health & Hospice RN. M-F business hours plus some shared call time. Must be a team player and have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Competitive wage and excellent benefits package. Pre-employment background check and drug screen required. For more information contact Director Robin Warren, 541-676-2935. Applications are available thru the link on this page or by calling 541-676-2949. MCHD is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Full-Time RN for Pioneer Memorial
HELP WANTED AD
Morrow County Health District is seeking a full-time RN for Pioneer Memorial Hospital in Heppner, OR. Must be currently licensed in Oregon and reside within call response area. Must work well with the public and possess good communication skills. Excellent work environment, competitive wage includes night and weekend shift differential, excellent benefit package. For more information contact CNO Terri Brandt-Correia at 541-676-2947. Pre-employment background check and drug screen required. Application and complete job description are available thru the links on this page. MCHD is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Under the direction of the Director of Nursing, the Charge Nurse will plan, direct, and evaluate total nursing care and functions during a particular shift, in accordance with established philosophy and policy. Nursing staff are assigned the care of patients in accordance with patient’s needs, the qualifications and competence of the nurse. The RN is responsible for orientation, training and management of personnel. Relates effectively with other shifts for continuity of care; maintains satisfactory relations with other departments and nursing units, participates in all phases of education, maintenance of records, and upgrading of policies, procedures and skills. The RN will practice in accordance with the Oregon State Board of Nursing, Oregon Administrative Rules, Division 45 “Standards and Scope of Practice for Licensed Practical Nurse and Registered Nurse”. The RN must have a valid, unencumbered license in good standing with the Oregon State Board of Nursing prior to assuming the duties of a Registered Nurse.
1. Provides the best possible nursing care by planning, organizing, and directing the nursing functions of patients.
2. Initiates and implements patient’s care plans.
3. Makes nursing assignments appropriate to skill level of nursing staff.
4. Maintains acceptable standards of patient care.
5. Identifies problems and guides personnel to their solution.
6. Creates a working climate that provides growth and job satisfaction of personnel.
7. Accurately and promptly implements physicians’ orders.
8. Administers medications and intravenous solutions skillfully and correctly.
9. Maintains standards of accurate and complete recording and reporting.
10. Arranges to have needed supplies and equipment on hand.
11. Participates in the hospital safety program.
12. Participates in planning changes and improvements.
13. Supports and enforces infection-control policies and procedures.
14. Is resourceful and calm in emergencies.
Keeps DNS informed of patients needs, and problems on the nursing unit.
16. Participates in orientation and in-service training for personnel.
17. Assists in reviewing and revising policies and procedures.
18. Maintains a professional approach with confidentiality.
19. Displays concern and initiative.
20. Observes and supports hospital policy.
21. Is prompt and efficient with minimal absences.
22. Cooperates and maintains good rapport with nursing staff, medical staff, other departments and visitors.
23. Participates in the evaluation of employees under supervision.
Participates in DNS call rotation.
When not performing patient care, will assist in minor housekeeping duties by cleaning rooms [to include light mopping, vacuuming and wiping down all surfaces], setting up rooms in preparation of the next patient, emptying small garbage cans; sharps containers and biohazard containers.
When not performing patient care, will assist in central processing by stocking needed supplies to patient care areas, central supply and processing instrumentation for sterile packs.
27. When not performing patient care, will assist in medical records performing simple documentation filing and copying as needed.
28. As a member of the Morrow County Health District Team, will represent the organization’s mission, vision and values to our customer and all those we serve.
29. Uphold the organization’s True North Statement “Welcoming our patients and providing exceptional care”.
1. Perform work in the emergency room as needed.
2. Assist with patient transfers to other facilities as required.
3. Works in the Hospital Pharmacy and pulls medications and needed, mixes medication and updates the Pharmacy log.
4. Coverage for Director of Nursing Services as scheduled.
5. Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
1. Demonstrated supervision of others.
2. Assumes responsibility for own continued personal and professional growth.
3. Appropriate manner, conduct, and grooming.
4. Ability to work cooperatively and communicate effectively.
5. Ability to learn and adapt as necessary.
Education and Experience:
1, High School Graduate or GED.
2. Current, unencumbered Oregon State Registered Nurse’s License – in hand.
3. Two years of clinical practice preferred.
4. Current CPR certification.
5. ACLS, TEAM/TNCC, PEPP/PALS required, or ability to obtain within 90 days of hire.
1. Sitting, standing, bending, lifting and moving patients throughout day.
2. Willingness to work beyond normal working hours and in other shifts temporarily, when necessary.
3. Subject to falls, infectious diseases, substances, odors, hostile and emotionally upset patients & family members, etc. throughout the workday.
4. Exposure to blood, body fluids, infectious substances, hazardous chemicals, toxins and noise.
5. Occasional exposure to grease, oils and dust and be able to push, pull and lift occasionally over 50 pounds.
6. Requires manual dexterity including manipulating tools, equipment and items on a regular basis.
The District Employment application requires Adobe Reader installed on your computer. You can download Adobe Reader at www.adobe.com
To fill out the application electronically, first save the application to your computer. Then open the application saved to your computer prior to filling out the form. There have been issues where applications are missing information due to the form being filled out first then saved to the computer.
Completed applications can be submitted in the following ways:
- Email –email@example.com
- Fax – (541) 676-2901 – Attn: HR
- Drop off at any Morrow County Health District location
- Mail to the attention of HR
Morrow County Health District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Information concerning the area can be found at the following websites:
Heppner Chamber of Commerce — www.Heppnerchamber.com
Morrow County — www.morrowcountyoregon.com
Morrow County School District — www.morrow.k12.or.us
Morrow County Tourism – www.morrowcountytourism.net