Available Employment Opportunities
HELP WANTED AD
Pioneer Memorial Hospital in Heppner is seeking a part-time Respiratory Therapist. Competitive wage and excellent work environment. For more information, contact HR Manager Patti Allstott, 541-676-2949. Applications are available to the right or at the hospital’s Patient Business Office, or by calling 541-676-2949. Pre-employment background check and drug screen required. Job closes May 4, 2016. Morrow County Health District is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Reports To: CEO
Department: Respiratory Therapy
Date: April 11,2016 Revised: N/A
This position provides direct patient care in all aspects of respiratory therapy. This includes diagnostic testing, patient evaluation and assessment, and administration of therapeutic respiratory therapy. Other duties involve other regular activities such as scheduling patients, patient follow-up, supply management and troubleshooting equipment. The Respiratory Therapist works under the direction of the ordering or supervising physician and reports to the CEO.
- Respiratory medication administration and education
- Physical assessment
- Arterial blood gas punctures/specimen collections
- Set-up and management of both invasive and non-invasive ventilation
- Bronchial hygiene therapy
- Pulmonary function testing
- Oxygen therapy assessment and management including overnight oximetry.
- Cardiac event monitor set-ups and daily monitoring for reports.
- Holter monitor set-ups and uploading information to be scored and interpreted
- Cardiac stress testing
- Sputum collections
Other Department-related functions:
- Effective communication with the medical team
- Thorough documentation for procedures performed.
- Assisting other departments as needed
- Participation in traumas
- Outpatient scheduling
- Patient follow-up
- Accepts assignment as needed to provide necessary care for all patients.
- Communicates suggestions and concerns to appropriate staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Must possess a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) credential
- Active state of Oregon Respiratory Care Practitioner license.
- Current Basic Life Support Provider (BLS)
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Neonatal Resuscitation Provider (NRP) – Optional
- Sitting, standing, bending, lifting and moving residents/patients throughout the shift.
- Willingness to work beyond normal working hours, and in other positions temporarily as assigned.
- Subject to falls, infectious diseases, substances, odors, hostile and emotionally upset residents/patients and family members, etc. throughout the workday.
Pioneer Memorial Hospital in Heppner is seeking a full-time RN. Competitive wage, excellent work environment and benefit package. For more information contact HR Manager Patti Allstott, 541-676-2949. Applications are available thru the link on this page or by calling above number. Pre-employment background check and drug screen required. EEOE.
Part-Time Marketing Coordinator
Part-Time Marketing Coordinator Wanted
Morrow County Health District is recruiting for a part-time Marketing Coordinator (approx 20 hrs./wk.). Duties include promoting services at area hospitals and clinics, creating advertising and news articles for various media forms, and recruitment work. Involves some driving for day trips and occasional overnight stays. Competitive wage and pro-rated benefits. Associates Degree in business, marketing or related field preferred, or relevant combination of college and work experience. Excellent verbal and written communication skills required with writing experience helpful. Must be skilled in Microsoft Office Suite. Current Driver’s License required. Pre-employment background check and drug screen required. Applications are available thru the link on this page, at the Patient Business Office at Pioneer Memorial Hospital, or by contacting Patti Allstott, 541-676-2949. EEOE.
Marketing Coordinator Summary
The Marketing Coordinator will routinely market District services for Swing Bed, Long Term Care, Home Health and Clinics, making regular visits to Discharge Planners at area hospitals and facilities. The Marketing Coordinator will also work with department managers in creating public relations materials including billboards, banners, video marketing pieces, website and social media material, and newspaper and newsletter articles, all to promote the Health District and its services. The Marketing Coordinator will also assist the Human Resources Manager with recruitment duties.
- Travel to area hospitals and facilities to promote District services.
- Work with managers to develop promotional banners, brochures and billboards to promote District services in schools and communities within our service area.
- Work with the District’s website developer to update website materials.
- Coordinate efforts to develop informational video clips to run at District locations on closed circuit televisions to promote services.
- Work on newspaper and newsletter articles and photos.
- Work on recruitment advertising and related duties.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, And Competency:
- Associate Degree in business, marketing or related field preferred, or adequate combination of college and work experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Writing experience a plus.
- Must have valid Driver’s License.
- Must have dynamic interpersonal skills and be self-motivated.
- Must be highly organized and have good prioritizing skills.
- Must be skilled using Microsoft Office Suite.
- Occasional exposure to hazardous materials, noise.
- Be able to frequently lift over 10 pounds.
- Be able to operate office equipment: phone, computer, adding machine.
- Be able to stand, stoop, squat to access files, reports, etc.
- Be able to sit for long periods of time.
- Be able to drive to neighboring communities, cities to conduct marketing calls. Most trips will be day trips, but some could involve an overnight stay.
The District Employment application requires Adobe Reader installed on your computer. You can download Adobe Reader at www.adobe.com
To fill out the application electronically, first save the application to your computer. Then open the application saved to your computer prior to filling out the form. There have been issues where applications are missing information due to the form being filled out first then saved to the computer.
Completed applications can be submitted in the following ways:
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax – (541) 676-2901 – Attn: HR
- Drop off at any Morrow County Health District location
- Mail to the attention of HR
Morrow County Health District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Information concerning the area can be found at the following websites:
Heppner Chamber of Commerce — www.Heppnerchamber.com
Morrow County — www.morrowcountyoregon.com
Morrow County School District — www.morrow.k12.or.us
Morrow County Tourism – www.morrowcountytourism.net