Available Employment Opportunities
HELP WANTED AD
Pioneer Memorial Hospital in Heppner is seeking a part-time Respiratory Therapist. Competitive wage and excellent work environment. For more information, contact HR Manager Patti Allstott, 541-676-2949. Applications are available to the right or at the hospital’s Patient Business Office, or by calling 541-676-2949. Pre-employment background check and drug screen required. Morrow County Health District is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Reports To: CEO
Department: Respiratory Therapy
Date: April 11,2016 Revised: N/A
This position provides direct patient care in all aspects of respiratory therapy. This includes diagnostic testing, patient evaluation and assessment, and administration of therapeutic respiratory therapy. Other duties involve other regular activities such as scheduling patients, patient follow-up, supply management and troubleshooting equipment. The Respiratory Therapist works under the direction of the ordering or supervising physician and reports to the CEO.
- Respiratory medication administration and education
- Physical assessment
- Arterial blood gas punctures/specimen collections
- Set-up and management of both invasive and non-invasive ventilation
- Bronchial hygiene therapy
- Pulmonary function testing
- Oxygen therapy assessment and management including overnight oximetry.
- Cardiac event monitor set-ups and daily monitoring for reports.
- Holter monitor set-ups and uploading information to be scored and interpreted
- Cardiac stress testing
- Sputum collections
Other Department-related functions:
- Effective communication with the medical team
- Thorough documentation for procedures performed.
- Assisting other departments as needed
- Participation in traumas
- Outpatient scheduling
- Patient follow-up
- Accepts assignment as needed to provide necessary care for all patients.
- Communicates suggestions and concerns to appropriate staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Must possess a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) credential
- Active state of Oregon Respiratory Care Practitioner license.
- Current Basic Life Support Provider (BLS)
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Neonatal Resuscitation Provider (NRP) – Optional
- Sitting, standing, bending, lifting and moving residents/patients throughout the shift.
- Willingness to work beyond normal working hours, and in other positions temporarily as assigned.
- Subject to falls, infectious diseases, substances, odors, hostile and emotionally upset residents/patients and family members, etc. throughout the workday.
Environmental Services Manager
HELP WANTED AD
Morrow County Health District has an opening for an Environmental Services Manager located in Heppner, Oregon. This position is responsible for facility, building and grounds maintenance across the district including hospital, clinics, an Assisted Living Facility, District house and two-unit apartment building. The position is a working manager position and supervises one Maintenance Technician. Must have two to five years of experience in maintenance, or electrical or mechanical field with a minimum of two years in a supervisory capacity – healthcare facility experience preferred. Position requires working in confined spaces and high places. Some heavy lifting, driving. Background check and drug screen required. Competitive wage DOQ, excellent benefit package. Application and complete job description are available thru the links on this page. MCHD is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Environmental Services Manager
To supervise maintenance staff, perform preventive maintenance and repairs for all hospital buildings, clinic buildings, Administrator’s house, equipment, machinery and grounds as needed. Perform electrical installation and repair as qualified and needed within the facilities. Follows established district policies in performance of duties and the supervision of those within the environmental services department. Ensure that all applicable codes, standards, and policies are followed. Work and cooperate with Administration and all other departments, department heads, and entities of Morrow County Health District.
- Inspects, tests, adjusts, and supervises repairs of all physical plant machinery, heating, cooling, piping, and electrical systems and records maintenance in accordance with manufacturers’ suggested schedules and/or OARS/Current Life Safety Codes.
- Oversees maintenance of all physical plant machinery and equipment.
- Replaces, repairs, and calibrates HVAC components and replaces filters.
- Supervises construction and repairs to building structures, walls floor, ceilings, cabinets, and furniture.
- Inspects, tests, cleans and may repair fire-equipment, alarms, switches and sensors.
- Inspects, adjusts, and authorizes repairs on miscellaneous hospital and clinic equipment including beds, autoclaves, centrifuges, and kitchen equipment.
- Maintains record of all inspections, tests, and repairs as indicated by OARs or Current Life Safety Codes.
- Supervises checks of building, parking lot, and equipment.
- Oversees removal of ice and snow from walkways, roads, and parking lot during winter months.
- Responds to safety and security calls.
- Inventories and orders needed medical gasses.
- Organizes all job functions and structures all employee schedules of the Environmental Services Department.
- Gathers information and pricing on proposed projects for the Health District as needed.
- Responsible to order all major items needed in Maintenance, following Central Supply policies and procedures.
- Responsible to maintain departmental budget.
- Willing to drive ambulance as needed.
- Maintain knowledge of State and Federal codes applicable to health care facilities.
- Knowledgeable in operation and repair of boiler systems.
- Be willing to seek certification(s) in various boiler operations and/or other hospital engineering courses.
Represents department at various meetings. Serves on Safety Committee, and acts as Safety Coordinator in dealing with training’s and education for rest of facility. Performs other duties as deemed appropriate by Administration.
- Will work both indoors and outdoors as the need arises.
- Occasional exposure to blood, body fluids, infectious waste, hazardous materials, noise, dust, chemicals, electrical shocks, toxins, mechanical hazards, burns, oil, grease, and extreme temperatures.
- Be able to constantly push and pull over 25 pounds, frequently over 50 pounds, and occasionally over 100 pounds.
- Be able to constantly lift over 10 pounds, frequently over 50 pounds, and occasionally over 100 pounds.
- Be able to grasp, push, pull, carry, or otherwise manipulate tools and items on a constant basis.
- Able to perform hand, eye, and foot coordination on a constant basis.
- Be able to stand for long periods of time, or walk constantly.
- Be able to constantly bend, squat, kneel, climb, crawl, and twist.
- Ability to communicate clearly with all patients, residents, visitors, and staff and be able to read and understand written instructions.
- Ability to concentrate on detail with constant interruptions and be able to prioritize jobs.
- Able to remember day to day schedule changes and assignments.
- Ability to work with ladders, from high places, in confined spaces, and in awkward positions.
- Be familiar with, and have the ability to use wrenches, screw drivers, drills, hand saws, skill saws, table saws, saws all, jig saw, drain cleaner, power drain cleaner, roto hammer, drill press, vie, knives, chisels, paint stripper, paint sprayer, paint equipment, putty knives, hammers, torches, welder, riding lawn mower, push mower, hedge trimmer, weed eater, shovels, hoes, rakes, pruners, limbers, fertilizer spreader, pick, levels, squares, straight edges, ax, mall, pry bars, bolt cutters, pipe cutters, tubing cutters, pipe threader, taps & dies, pliers, wire strippers, electrical testers, detector tester, equipment testers, wench, come along, chains, rope, etc.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Minimum of a high school diploma.
- Two to Five years’ experience in maintenance, electrical, or mechanical field required, with at least two years in a supervisory capacity, healthcare facility experience preferred.
- Knowledge of methods and techniques used in electrical, mechanical, and building maintenance, preferably in a healthcare setting.
- Knowledge of electrical and building codes, electrical/plumbing license preferred.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Must have knowledge of and be able to work with various chemicals that apply to all job functions.
The District Employment application requires Adobe Reader installed on your computer. You can download Adobe Reader at www.adobe.com
To fill out the application electronically, first save the application to your computer. Then open the application saved to your computer prior to filling out the form. There have been issues where applications are missing information due to the form being filled out first then saved to the computer.
Completed applications can be submitted in the following ways:
- Email –email@example.com
- Fax – (541) 676-2901 – Attn: HR
- Drop off at any Morrow County Health District location
- Mail to the attention of HR
Morrow County Health District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Information concerning the area can be found at the following websites:
Heppner Chamber of Commerce — www.Heppnerchamber.com
Morrow County — www.morrowcountyoregon.com
Morrow County School District — www.morrow.k12.or.us
Morrow County Tourism – www.morrowcountytourism.net